The University of Tuzla - UNTZ (www.untz.ba) is a public HE institution, established in 1976. UNTZ is currently in the process of obtaining institutional accreditation from the Cantonal Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sports. In 2001 UNTZ became the first integrated University in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The teaching is organized in three cycles, in line with the Bologna Process, and the University offers more than 80 study programs in 12 faculties. Currently, there are around 16,000 students studying at UNTZ and 720 academic and administrative staff members.
UNTZ has signed over 40 cooperation agreements with the HEIs worldwide and is focused on developing relationships with the academic community and strengthening the international process. The University has participated in a number of international mobility and research projects, such as Erasmus Mundus, Ceepus, Tempus, Mevlana, FP6, FP7, IPA and many more.
Faculty of Mining, Geology and Civil Engineering was established in 1960 and became UNTZ member in 1976. Today scientific and educational activities of Faculty are organized in five departments: Mining, Geology, Civil Engineering, Petroleum Engineering and Safety and Health Administration, 15 scientific sub-areas, with more than 2,570 students graduated, completed 285 master's thesis and completed 109 doctoral theses, and 49 academic staff employed. Three teachers were selected to regular members of the Academy of Sciences and Arts of BH. Since 2008 the faculty started undergraduate studies conformed to the Bologna Declaration and in 2012 graduate and postgraduate studies.
Implemented Scientific projects and Expertise related to the scope of the project:
- Educational and intervention centre for aerology, natural hazards, safety and ecology in the mining (WUS-CEP) program;
- Feasibility Study on The Middle Bosnia and Tuzla Coal Mines for the Federation of Bosnia And Herzegovina;
- NATO SfP 983305 Development of a Monitoring System to Counter-manage the Risks of Subsidence Deformation on the Population of Tuzla (2009-2012);
- NATO SfP 983828 Seismic upgrading of Bridges in South-East Europe by Innovative Technologies (2009-2013);
- Researchs in the fields: Major accidents in industry and mining, prevention, and the ability to respond;
- Geoenvironmental Risk Management (ISO 31000:2009);
- Rural development environment affected by mining works;